This privacy statement describes how Dreamfood USA, LLC and affiliated entities (“GFG Brand,” “us,” or “we”). GFG Brand collects, uses, protects and shares the personal information of our customers. Customers include those who visit our restaurants, use our websites and mobile apps, and otherwise interact with us in the USA.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information about when you visit our restaurants, use our websites or mobile apps (“online services”), and otherwise interact with us (collectively, “services”).
A. We collect information you provide us
Depending on how you interact with us, you may provide the following information:
• personal details, such as your name, postal and email addresses, phone number, birthday information and other contact information, when you register with our online services, log-in to Wi-Fi, enter one of our competitions, or contact us by phone or through our online services;
• transaction information, including information about the products you buy, prices, method of payment and payment details;
• account information, such as your username or password (or anything else that identifies you) used to access our online services or to buy or use our products and services;
• profile information, including products and services you like, or times you prefer to visit us; and
• other personal information you choose to provide us when you interact with us.
Personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records;
• Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or,
• Information excluded from the scope of applicable privacy laws;
• Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or
B. Information collected through automated methods
We may use automated technology to collect information from your computer system or mobile device when you visit our restaurants, use our online services, or in-restaurant technology. Automated technology may include cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons.
We may collect information about your:
• internet protocol (IP) address;
• computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
• type of mobile device and its settings;
• unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device;
• device and component serial numbers;
• advertising identifiers (for example, IDFAs and IFAs) or similar identifiers;
• referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
• online activity on other websites, applications or social media;
• communications to us or regarding us on social media; and
• activity related to how you use our online services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
Our online services and in-restaurant technology may collect information about the exact location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and technology such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. For most mobile devices and computer systems, you are able to withdraw your permission for us to collect this information by using the device or web-browser settings. If you have any questions about how to prevent us from collecting exact information about your location, we recommend you contact your mobile-device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your web-browser provider. Some online services and in-restaurant technology may not work properly without information about your location. If you would like us to delete information we have collected which could identify your location, please contact us at the address, phone number or email address below. By law, we may need to keep certain information.
We collect information from Service Providers, such as vendors that provide services to us, which enable you to purchase products, so we can fulfill your purchases.
We may collect information about you from other companies and organizations.
We may also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through social media.
2. How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect in the following ways.
To provide our services and contract with you:
• carry out your requests, fulfill orders, and process payments for our products and services;
• communicate with you about your orders, purchases or accounts with us, requests, questions, and comments;
• provide online services to you, which includes our websites or mobile apps; and
• provide customer support, including to process any concerns about our services.
To market to you, improve our services, and the following additional legitimate business interests:
• tell you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you;
• tell you about the products and services of our business partners;
• personalize your experience in our restaurants and on our online services;
• manage our business, including developing new products and services, conducting consumer and operations research, and assessing the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and advertising;
• use analytics and profiling technology to personalize your experience, deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and how you use our online services or in-store technologies, manage our business, help diagnose technical and service issues, administer our online services and in-store technologies, identify users of our online services, identify a device for fraud prevention purposes, gather demographic information about our customers, and determine usage patterns of our services;
• maintain, manage, and improve our products, offers, promotions, and online services and other technology;
• ensure the security of our networks and systems.
To comply with applicable law:
• protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other crime, claims and other liabilities;
• comply with legal obligations and our policies;
• establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; and
• monitor and report compliance issues.
With your consent (where required by applicable law), we may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
• to send you e-mails or text messages about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you;
• to send you e-mails or text messages about the products and services of our business partners;
• provide location-based services;
• provide online services to children (if parental consent is provided);
• deploy cookies and similar technologies; and
• provide online services to you, which includes our websites or mobile apps.
We may use the information we collect about you in other ways, which we will tell you about at the time we collect it or for which we will seek your consent.
3. How We Share The Information We Collect
We do not sell your personal information and only share your information as described in this privacy statement. Please note that some state statutes may define a “sale” to include sharing of personal information with third parties for valuable consideration. Many companies have common arrangements with online advertising networks and analytics companies that may potentially be considered sales under these definitions. Please review our Additional Notice for California Consumers below for more information.
We may share your personal information within the GFG Brand websites which includes our affiliates, our subsidiaries, and our franchisee. Members of the GFG Brand who receive this information from us are not authorized to use or share the information, except as set out in this privacy statement.
We may share your personal information with vendors who provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, contests, carrying out research and analysis, and personalizing individual GFG Brand customer experiences. We do not allow these vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
We may, for strategic or other business reasons, decide to sell or transfer all or part of our business. As part of that sale or transfer, we may pass information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to anyone involved in the sale or transfer.
There may be times where we may share information when it does not directly identify you. For example, we may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our online services. Or we may combine information about you with other customers and share the information in a way that does not link to a specific customer.
We have the right to use or share personal information as necessary to keep to any law, regulation or legal request, to protect our online services and in-restaurant technology, to bring or defend legal claims, to protect the rights, interests, safety and security of our organization, our employees or franchisees, or members of the public, or in connection with investigating fraud or other crime, or violations of our policies.
4. Children’s Privacy Notice
We understand how important it is to protect your privacy when you use our online services. We are especially committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit or use our online services. For more information on how a specific country protects children’s privacy, please review the country specific addendum below.
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s online activities. If you have any questions about our children’s privacy practices, please contact us at our Global or Local Data Protection Office using the contact information provided below. If you are contacting a Local Data Protection Office, please choose the office in the country in which you are a customer.
5. Your Choices
If you have agreed to receive marketing communications from us, you can later opt out by following the opt-out instructions in the marketing communications we send you. You can also generally find your communication preferences with instructions on how to opt out in the profile section of the online services that you use. You may also have the ability to change your communication preferences using your device settings. You can also opt out by contacting us at our Global or Local Data Protection Office using the contact information provided below. If you are contacting a Local Data Protection Office, please choose the office in the country in which you are a customer.
If you do opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send communications to you about your transactions, any accounts you have with us, and any contests, competitions, prize draws or sweepstakes you have entered. Opting out of one form of communication does not mean you have opted out of other forms as well. For example, if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive marketing text messages if you have opted in to receiving them. Please note that if you are receiving communications from a GFG Brand franchise, then you will need to opt out from them directly.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you give us permission to do so. When we give you notice, and you consent, we will share your personal information as you direct us to.
Your Personal Information Rights
In certain countries, individuals are entitled to the right to access, correct, transmit, restrict, delete and object to processing of the personal information we have collected. In these certain countries, individuals are also entitled to withdraw consent to processing of personal information. For more information regarding these rights, and the countries where these rights are available, please see the country specific addendum below. You can also visit the GDPR Rights Center.
6. Use of Our Online Services and Other Technology
Cookies and other technologies
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember and/or obtain information about the user. Some countries in which we operate may have a cookies policy. That specific information, by country, is provided below.
A “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. They are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags.
Please note the following:
• You might be assigned a cookie when using our online services.
• We may use both session (for the duration of your visit) and persistent (for the duration of a fixed period of time) cookies and other tracking technologies.
• Our online services and other areas related to our business may have web beacons.
We may use these technologies to:
• uniquely identify you or your device;
• allow you to access and use our online services, where without them, our online services may not work properly;
• further system security where appropriate;
• statistical purposes, in order to measure use of our websites and mobile apps;
• improve our products and services;
• help us monitor the performance (e.g., traffic, errors, page load time, popular sections, etc.) of our online services;
• remember you, for your convenience, when you visit our online services
• help customize your experience;
• to market to you through targeted advertising; and
• for other purposes described in the section of this privacy statement titled, “How we use the information we collect.”
For example, we may use certain technologies to determine whether you have opened an e-mail or selected a link contained in an e-mail, how you use the pages and content in our mobile apps, or whether you have selected a GFG Brand online advertisement.
Both we and others (such as our advertising networks) may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites and devices, and when using our online services to further personalize your experience with us.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Select the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features available on a website.
Some newer web browsers may have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. GFG Brand does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Where video is available on our online services, we may target and track the videos you view. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through online services or third-party social media for up to two years, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, or until you withdraw your consent.
More information regarding how cookies and technology are used in a country in which you are a customer may be available in the country specific addendum.
When you use our online services, we (and our vendors who provide services to us) may collect information about your activities so that we can provide you with advertising tailored to your interests.
GFG Brands supports initiatives to offer our Users greater transparency and control over the uses of their Information. Therefore, we offer the following options for controlling the interest-based content and ads you receive.
• If you do not want to receive interest-based ads from GFG Brand, you can disable the display of such ads by clicking on the opt-out link below. Please note that an opt out will not prevent you from seeing GFG Brand’s content recommendations. Rather, the opt out will prevent GFG Brand from using your Information to tailor these recommendations to your interests. You will continue to receive recommendations that are selected based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads).
You are currently: Not Opted Out Opt Out
o Not Opted Out: GFG Brand will serve you personalized recommendations based on your history.
o Opted Out: You have opted out of tracking, GFG Brand will no longer serve you with personalized content recommendations based on your Internet use history.
Please also note:
• Because our tracking mechanisms operate at the device and browser level, to fully opt-out across devices, you will need to do so on each device and browser individually.
• GFG Brand may use non-cookie technologies in limited cases. Like cookies, these technologies allow GFG Brand to recommend ads that are tailored to your interests and to remember whether you have chosen to opt-out from our Services. Please note that some web browsers may not permit you to block the use of non-cookie technologies, but you can do so by simply clicking on the Opt Out feature above in this Section 2.6.
• You can also opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by GFG Brand and other advertising companies.
o You may use the NAI opt out tool, which will allow you to opt out of receiving targeted ads from GFG Brand and from other NAI-approved member companies. The NAI also provides instructions to engage system-level mobile device opt outs in Android, iOS, and Windows Phone environments.
Please note that an opt out from one or more companies listed on the DAA, DAAC, or EDAA consumer choice pages will not prevent you from seeing those companies’ advertisements. Rather, the opt out will prevent these companies from using your Information to display targeted content or ads to you. You may continue to receive advertisements that are selected based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads).
Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit the DAA, DAAC or EDAA consumer choice pages, your opt out may not be effective because your browser will refuse opt-out cookies (that alert companies that you have exercised your opt-out preference).
7. Links to Other Websites and Social Media
We may also have providers of other apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our online services, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, which may also use automated methods to collect information about how you use these features. These organizations may use your information in line with their own policies.
8. Information Security
We are committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep your personal information secure. Our technical, organizational and physical procedures are designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we make efforts to protect our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of information over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We keep your information for the length of time needed to carry out the purposes outlined in this privacy statement and to adhere to our policies on keeping records (unless a longer period is needed by law). Our records policies reflect applicable laws. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this statement.
10. Changes To Our Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is in effect as of the date noted at the top of the statement. We may change this privacy statement from time to time. If we do, we will post the revised version here and change the “last updated date” (the date it applies from) at the top of the statement. You should check here regularly for the most up-to-date version of the statement.
11. United States
Last updated: August 20, 2021
GFG Brand is committed to protecting the information of our customers. The below is meant to provide additional information regarding our privacy practices in the United States.
Children’s Privacy Notice
We do not knowingly collect personal information through our online services from children under the age of 13. In the future, should we decide to collect personal information from children under 13 through our online services, we will do so in compliance with applicable law, including any notices to and obtaining any consents from parents or guardians that are required by law.
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s online activities. If you have any questions about our children’s privacy practices, please contact us at:
GFG Brand Privacy
165 East Union Ave
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Notice to California residents under 18 years of age
If you are a registered user of online services under the age of 18, and we have actual knowledge of your age, then under California law you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information you have posted on our online services. To do so, please contact us at the address, phone number or email address below. Please note that removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content. For example, removal may not be possible or permitted if another provision of law requires the content to be maintained, if it was posted or reposted by others, or if we paid compensation to you in exchange for the posting.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Statement applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
1. Personal information we collect about California consumers
The information we obtain includes the following:
• Identifiers such as name, postal and email addresses, internet protocol (IP) address, social media handles, username, password and other contact information used to register and access GFG Brand’s products and services, log-in to Wi-Fi, enter one of our competitions, or contact us by phone or through our online services. The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) signatures, (3) telephone number, (4) payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers), (5) physical characteristics or description, and (6) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information we collect.”
• Commercial information, including (1) records of products or services purchased or received from GFG Brand, (2) username, password, or other account information used to obtain access to GFG Brand online services; (3) information on actions taken on GFG Brand websites or mobile apps, which may include information about GFG Brand products or services considered and the times you visit our websites or use or mobile apps, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement, as well as the information listed above in the section titled “Information we Collect:”
o computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
o type of mobile device and its settings;
o unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device;
o device and component serial numbers;
o advertising identifiers (for example, IDFAs and IFAs) or similar identifiers;
o referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
o online activity on other websites, applications or social media; and
o activity related to how you use our online services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
• Geolocation data.
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as demographic information like age or gender.
• Audio information from calls placed with customer service centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above. When you visit our restaurants, we may also capture video information via CCTV cameras that help us monitor restaurant safety.
• Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, interact with our official social media pages, or otherwise interact with us; (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
We collect this personal information directly from you when you provide information to us, for example, when registering for or using our online services, logging into Wi-Fi, using our in-restaurant digital channels, entering one of our competitions, or contacting us; from your computer system or mobile device when you use our online services, visit our restaurants, or use in-restaurant technologies; from other companies and organizations, such as our advertising agency partners, social media networks, data brokers, payment processors, and other providers; and from publicly available sources. For more information, please review “Information we collect.”
2. Use of personal information
We use the personal information we collect about California consumers for the business purposes disclosed within our Privacy Statement.
The business purposes for which we may use personal information about California consumers include:
• Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
• Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
• Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
• Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
• Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
o Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
o Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, purposes disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
3. Disclosures of personal information
As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet websites and mobile apps, within the past 12 months, we may have shared certain identifiers such as email addresses and pseudonymized identifiers, information about the use of our websites and apps, and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising, and analytics partners. Under certain state laws, this may be considered to be a sale of personal information for consideration. We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to other businesses or third parties for consideration.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Consumers to members of the GFG Brand, vendors who provide services to us, in connection with a sale or transfer of all or part of our business, and as otherwise provided in “How we share the information we collect” and “How do you share personal information?”
4. Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
a. Right to Access, Right to Know, and Right to Deletion
• Right to Access and Right to Know regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
o the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
o the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
o our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
o the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
o the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
o the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
o the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
• Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
For requests made in connection with the Right of Access, Right to Know, and/or Right of Deletion, please note:
• as required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, you must provide your name, email address, and state of residence, and you may also have the option to provide you phone number. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
• we will process your request within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless
we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. If your request involves us providing personal information to you, we may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with GFG Brand, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
b. Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for consideration. Select Do Not Sell My Info to be directed to an interactive form through which you may submit an online request to opt-out. To opt-out of collection of information by analytics, advertising, and social media partners, you can use our preferences management tool and also visit the opt-out tools provided by the Network Advertising Alliance and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
c. Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
• Denying you goods or services;
• Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
• Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
• Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to GFG Brand by your personal information.
5. Requests to exercise your rights
You may request to exercise these rights by:
As required or permitted under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
6. Agent Authorization
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us as set forth below in “How to Contact GFG Brand” to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Web sites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.
As a resident of the State of Nevada, you have the right to request that GFG Brand not sell personal information we have about you or might collect in the future.
GFG Brand does not sell our consumers’ personal information. You can register an email address with GFG Brand and request that we not sell your information.
EU/EEA (AND UK) CONSUMERS
The GDPR provides residents of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) with rights regarding their personal information. These rights include the right of/to access, rectify, and erase personal information, restrict processing, data portability, and objection to profiling. Individuals have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To access, correct, object to our use and retain your personal information please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the contact information listed in the “How to Contact GFG Brand” section below.
How to Contact GFG Brand
If you have privacy questions specific to GFG Brand, you can reach us at:
GFG Brand Privacy
165 East Union Ave
East Rutherford, NJ 07073